Monday, January 27, 2014

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Love Found Us
Medium: Photoshop paint
Although this movie is not realistic and people have used it to create some pretty strange ideas, I still enjoy it! The plot is simple, but it's a kids' movie after all. I think the animation is some of the most beautiful I've seen, and not just because it's horses. The blend of still art, CGI, and hand-drawn animation is lovely. Hans Zimmer's soundtrack may not have been the best he's done, but it worked very well for the movie, and it's still a fun soundtrack on its own. The only screen play thing I would have changed would be fewer close-ups of eyeballs. In the end, it's a kids' cartoon and should be treated as such, but it's still a fun movie! I'd love to hear your opinion of it.

Characters copyright Dreamworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Deer

  Spookable Medium: digital painting "...and then it stood on its hind legs."