Friday, August 19, 2016

The Two Princesses of Bamarre

Addie and Meryl
Medium: digital painting
Rhys and Orn
Medium: digital painting


The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine has been one of my all-time favorite books ever since I first read it when I was 11 or 12. Everyone knows Ella Enchanted, but I think Two Princesses was much more emotionally intense, for a children's book. I think it would have made a fabulous Disney cartoon!

I enjoy doing "species-benders..?" on characters in books and movies, so here are my favorites as horses. Yeah, I totally gave them cutie marks like in MLP, and I don't care. I think they help tell about the characters in a very simple way. I'd like to think that at the end of the story, Addie's mark would change into a blossoming rose, rather than a rosebud. :) I also made Addie a more slender mare, as she was described as fine-boned compared to her robust sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Deer

  Spookable Medium: digital painting "...and then it stood on its hind legs."