Friday, May 6, 2016

Realistic My Little Pony

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Medium: digital painting
I just started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and it's actually pretty cute! I'll admit I don't understand a lot of the fanbase, but the show is adorable. It's aimed at tiny little girls, so don't expect something grand and epic. Someone I know (ahem ahem) watched five minutes of one episode (where Applejack and Rarity weren't getting along), and is now convinced that it's one of "those shows" where the kids fight and hate each other. And someone else I know said that MLP cannot be art. Oh well. Haters gonna hate!


One thing I don't really like about it is how stylized the characters are. They don't look like ponies anymore. ...So I fixed them. Lol! So here you are: the main six from Friendship is Magic all with realistic anatomy!

 Faust's style has grown on me since I made this. Sometimes it bothers me that the ponies don't look like ponies, but at the same time, it wouldn't be My Little Pony if they looked like normal horses.



5 comments:

  1. Kristen, please pull your claws in. Being watchful and discerning about the values presented in TV shows we let our 8 year old child watch doesn't make us haters. My Little Pony is a cute show and we haven't rejected it. Anytime we do reject a show it's for good reason. Please quit saying nasty things about people and calling us names. It's unkind, and it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My claws are not retractable. Especially when it's the same person who said (and I quote) that "it's disturbing" that teens and 20-somethings enjoy Star Wars.

      Delete
  2. Can I get a copy of this for my grand daughter? She loves my little pony! My daughter is careful which episodes she watches though because those little ponies can be a little "catty" with each other. Why are ponies acting catty anyway, pun intended 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, that would be fine! I probably won't be able to get it printed for care group tomorrow, but I'll try to get it done for church.

      I'm sorry for the late reply! I just now saw this comment...

      Delete
  3. Nice depiction! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete

Not Deer

  Spookable Medium: digital painting "...and then it stood on its hind legs."