Monday, November 28, 2016

The Asian Guard

The Asian Guard
Medium: digital painting
In my next installment of the Lion Guard as animals from all the different continents, here is the Asian Guard! It's Fuli the blackbuck (the fastest), Beshte the Asian elephant (the strongest), Ono the tarsier (the keenest of sight), Bunga the Asian palm civet (the bravest), and Kion the tiger (the fiercest).

Asia is such a vast continent with so many different ecosystems that I almost feel like it should have several guards. Most of these animals are from India. I chose a blackbuck for Fuli because they're among the top ten fastest animals in the world (as in running from point A to point B.) She's a doe, so she's neither black nor a buck, but that's life. Kion is a tiger because, well, it's a tiger! Beshte is an Asian elephant because what else would he be? Bunga is an Asian palm civet because they are typically pretty solitary like honey badgers, and they can be very tough when they need to be, and because I thought his colors would transfer well. I had planned on making Ono a bird of prey, but then as I was doing my research I started reading up on tarsiers, and they have incredible eyesight. They have possibly the best night vision of many animals in the world, and their distance vision isn't half bad, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Deer

  Spookable Medium: digital painting "...and then it stood on its hind legs."